How I see Mondays

Monday, October 5, 2009 |

Just wanted to share some thoughts on how I see Mondays.
To me, at this point of my life, Mondays are very important and detrimental to what my week will look like. The way I see it, you have 2 options:

1- Regular and Typical
This means you went to sleep late on Sunday night, resulting in waking up as late as you possibly can, and probably skipping out on working-out. Probably getting to work as late as you can, or as close to your work start time as you can. You drag your feet for the rest of the day.
Most people hate Mondays, they moan, wine and, procrastinate about waking up on time.

2-Discipline
This means Monday actually starts by going to sleep on time on Sunday nights. Whatever that time may be, as long as you get the needed amount of sleep to start fresh, and awake in the morning. If you do your work-out in the morning, you get to the gym early (at least 6am) and beat your body in to submission. Or you work-out in the afternoon. But you still have a healthy breakfast in the morning. And maybe even a devotional/reading/quiet time to get the week started.

To me these 2 different approaches to Mondays are a MAJOR factor to how my week will turn out. Sure, I could slack on Monday, and pick it up on Tuesday, but lets be honest, I'd just be lying to myself.
James 4:14 puts it clearly. Our life is like a mist, only around for a little while, and then it vanishes.
So why waste time? Why procrastinate and rationalize saying you'll do it tomorrow, or next week. I believe that those are the exact words that the enemy wants you to speak, and live by.
Paul lays it down in 1 Chorinthians 9:27. You have to beat your flesh in to submission.

Control your flesh, don't let your flesh take control of you.

What do you think?...

1 comments:

Josue said...

I had this exact conv. with a friend last night.

and 1st Corinthians was the verse I used as well.

The way you put it.. its clear. You can't live a righteous life style while living lazily in other aspects.