February 5, 2009 = 1 Year

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 |

On February 5 of 2008 I began a new journey, the pursuit of a passion! Today is February 5 of 2009, marking the one year anniversary of when God opened the doors and provided me a job at FRC. I can still remember my first day like if it was just yesterday. I was nervous, little shy, and a little scared. I thought to my self "what have I gotten in to? can I really do this?". But they were merely doubts from the enemy.
I cant continue to describe the journey with out letting you know that it was ONLY possible because of God's love, and that this is NOT about me, but about what God has done through a sinful, broken, un-perfect and, in need of rescue, average 21yr old.
Thought out this one year (that felt like one month) so much has happened. Gods placed so many incredible, encouraging and, truly passionate leaders in my path. So many live have been changed because of the work that He's done through Flamingo.
I've had the privileged to meet former lighting director of Lake Wood Church, Tom Stanziano, and pick his brain for a whole day.
We've been able to establish some great relationships with great dealers. Especially with our good friends at Everlast Productions.
I look back and I say "wow", but know that this is just the start of this journey. And God still has lots of more "wow's" to reveal, each one greater than the previous.

7 comments:

lili said...

we are SO GLAD you are here Torres!!! "you complete us" on many levels :)

-L

Pris said...

One year?!?! Wow, I remember so clearly when you started. Well, I must say you add a lot to the FRC team. Love and miss you my brotha!

Daniel "CHIEF" Brigham said...

Time flies!! Dec 15th 2008 was one year for me working at FRC. It has been a privilege to getting to know you Yoel, I look forward to see what God has in stored for you as we continue on. Easter will be here in no time.

Love you man

Anonymous said...

Yoel
Its Tom Stanziano. It was my pleasure spending time with you guys. I am going to be in Miami next week for an open house event at Barbizon. I would love to see you guys again. If you can come down if not I will be coming up to Lauderdale the next day Love to caught up with you. 727-488-1630

by Troy Gramling said...

You have taken us to new place on the weekend and your impact for the kingdom has been out of this world...Glad you are part of the team and hope you are here for many more years!

mynameiscoia said...

i really do appreciate just knowing you buddy.

Paola said...

this is such a great post... i love that last statement... God has a purpose for us... to have glory... and when you have a taste of glory, immediately you know that what God has planned for you next is even more glorious... more WOW... more AWEsome... that is so beautiful.

you have a new subscriber :)